CALL ‘VVE PUBLICATION AWARD 2023’
NOTES. The procedure changed as of 2023. For more information, see the new procedure!
This award is for the best epidemiological publication by a junior researcher.
The following conditions apply to the submission of a publication:
- the researcher is first author of the publication;
- the article was published, in print or accepted in the calendar year preceding the WEON;
- each researcher may submit only one publication (not a thesis or report);
- the publication may be submitted once;
- the publication is written in Dutch or English;
- the researcher can submit the manuscript accepted or published for up to 12 months after his/her date of promotion. Researcher submits by email the date of promotion and date of acceptance of the manuscript to the Secretariat of the Society of Epidemiology. The researcher does not need to have obtained a PhD at the time of the submission deadline;
- the researcher is a member of the Society for Epidemiology.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the VvE Publication Award for junior researcher, send the following documents to the Secretariat of the Society for Epidemiology (email@example.com):
- PDF of the publication (including appendices) or manuscript accepted with proof of acceptance, including date of acceptance
- Date of (intended) promotion (PhD defense)
- PDF of completed motivation form (maximum 1 A4, Arial, font size 11). The researcher comments on the following questions:
- What is the added value of the research described in the publication / manuscript for (a) the epidemiological knowledge domain and (b) society (such as patient, general population, physician, etc.)?
- What part / aspect of the publication / manuscript are you most proud of yourself?
- What work did you do yourself for this research/publication?
- To what extent does the publication adhere to responsible research practices (e.g., open access, pre-registration, disclosing analysis of syntax, putting data online):
- Tijdink JK et al. Towards a Research Agenda for Promoting Responsible Research Practices. J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics. 2021 Oct;16(4):450-460. doi: 10.1177/15562646211018916. Epub 2021 May 26. PMID: 34037490; PMCID: PMC8458678).
- Swaen GMH, Langendam M, Weyler J, Burger H, Siesling S, Atsma WJ, Bouter L. Responsible Epidemiologic Research Practice: a guideline developed by a working group of the Netherlands Epidemiological Society. J Clin Epidemiol. 2018 Aug;100:111-119. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2018.02.010. Epub 2018 Feb 10. PMID: 29432862.
Deadline for submitting the publication is Januari 15, 2023.