Possibility to follow individual courses by externals:
Average number of starters per year:
The epidemiologist B program is open to LUMC PhD students provided they:
- Have completed an appropriate prior education.
- Be under the supervision of a registered epidemiologist B (from one's own department or from the Department of Clinical Epidemiology).
- Participate in weekly research meetings in which methodology is also widely discussed.
- Following (parts of) the courses described in the training program.
- Submit a written request to the program director. If appointed to another department, this request will be supported by the appropriate department head.
- Spending a year in the Department of Clinical Epidemiology.
Number of EC for core courses:
Subjects of core courses:
Basic methods and reasoning in biostatistics.
Design and analysis of epidemiological research
Epidemiologist B training consists of theoretical training for the acquisition of theoretical epidemiological knowledge and practical training in which the doctoral candidate actively conducts independent clinical epidemiological scientific research. For at least one year, the research will be conducted at and under daily supervision of the Department of Clinical Epidemiology. The department is situated in the middle of LUMC, which promotes collaboration with different clinical departments and strengthens joint clinical epidemiological research projects.