Vacancy: Junior Advisor
This vacancy has been recommended by the Knowledge Institute of the Federation of Medical Specialists
An organisation on the move
The Knowledge Institute of the Dutch Federation of Medical Specialists is a young and rapidly growing organisation that uses its expertise to improve the quality of medical specialist care in the Netherlands. As a Knowledge Institute, we help more than 22,000 dedicated doctors in hospitals and institutions to achieve this, so that 17 million Dutch people can count on the best care in the world.
Science, policy and practice come together in the Knowledge Institute, which consists of over 70 professionals. From this broad basis, we can advise and assist the scientific associations of medical specialists in setting up and implementing a quality policy and related instruments, such as guidelines, quality assessment, quality measurement and decision aids. We also support them in developing knowledge agendas and setting up integrated quality policies.
Questions that scientific associations have include: What is the added value of a new treatment compared to current practice? What makes a good group of medical specialists and how can other groups learn from them? What are the most important topics for applied scientific research that can improve care in the short term?
To strengthen our team we are looking for a:
32-40 hours per week
Your contribution to the healthcare field
Within the Knowledge Institute you will work on various quality projects. This may involve the development of guidelines or the design and implementation of quality visits, but also the development of knowledge agendas or products for patients. You will be part of a team of consultants. Each team has a focus area (e.g. oncology, surgical process or cognition/behaviour).
Your duties will be diverse, for example:
- Guideline development: you support the process of guideline development, and you carry out systematic literature analyses. On the one hand, this means monitoring progress, organising meetings, advising working groups and maintaining contact with working group members (medical specialists and other healthcare professionals) with regard to writing texts. On the other hand, you are involved in the systematic literature analyses: you help to formulate the questions and to select the literature; in addition, you take care of the systematic summary and evaluation of the scientific evidence. You will do this in close consultation with your supervisor and with the medical specialists involved.
- You support the medical specialists during peer reviews and you are responsible for the reporting.
- In the development of knowledge agendas and products for patients, you supervise working groups and advise on methodology.
We offer training courses to further strengthen your personal skills, for example in the area of time management, the systematic summarizing of scientific literature and/or advisory skills (if you have a little more experience in practice).
As a junior consultant you will work together with a more experienced colleague on a project. Depending on your development, you will carry out more and more tasks independently. The aim is to grow into an independent consultant in about three years.
A professional with an analytical mind
We expect a junior consultant to be eager to learn and analytically strong. You stand firmly in your shoes and act proactively. You can work well independently, but also collaborate with medical specialists and colleagues. You are strong in communication, both oral and written (Dutch and English).
During the selection we also pay attention to the following points:
- Completed (bio) medical training (medicine, health sciences, or comparable training);
- Knowledge of epidemiology and research methods.
A total package
Working for the Knowledge Institute offers more than just an excellent package of primary and secondary benefits. You will work with social and enthusiastic colleagues in a pleasant, informal environment. There is a lot of attention for personal development. The salary depends on level and experience.
Information and application
Information about the position can be requested from Irina Mostovaya, senior advisor/team leader, tel 06 51 45 18 79 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or from Margreet Pols, deputy director, tel 06 13 34 84 09 (
). We look forward to receiving your response as soon as possible, but no later than September 20. You can apply via the following link:
Mediation and acquisition by third parties or freelancers is not used and will not be responded to.